Posted: 8th February 2012
There are lots of reasons why you should make our Grade II listed London landmark your home for the Olympic & Paralympic games. 41 Portland Place, designed by John Nash, has eight different event spaces that will cater for up to 200 people in any day, seven days a week.
After a recent refurbishment we are proud to have a contrasting building that mixes ultra modern and traditional, giving you great flexibility between meetings, presentations or networking events. Our unique event spaces, all with disabled access, will be the perfect setting for a reception, lunch, dinner or gala night. There are various options for exhibitions, conferences or press briefings in the new Wolfson conference suite, complete with ‘green room’ for your most distinguished guests. Our experienced onsite services team will be happy to discuss how our state of the art AV system and conferencing equipment will allow you make the most out of your valuable time here.
After a successful day of business make the most of a relaxed London summer night with an al fresco party on the private Terrace. In house award winning caterers Harbour & Jones are standing by to amaze you with their culinary services, ensuring your guests will be looked after to the highest standards. Head Chef Will Carvalho’s new BBQ menu for this summer is just one way to enjoy this unique space amongst the rooftops of Marylebone.
With London’s first Grand Hotel just down the street and minutes from two of London’s greatest shopping areas, Oxford street and Marylebone High Street, you will not have to worry about moving around London, as all you need will be on your doorstep. If you have some of those highly coveted tickets and need to get to the games on time, it is a 5 minute walk to Oxford Circus Station. Should you prefer a different way to travel then a 5 minute cab ride gets you to St Pancras Station, followed by a 7 minute Olympic Javelin shuttle to the London 2012 Park. Our central London location ensures excellent international transport links for your guests coming from all over the world to make the most of this ‘once in a lifetime’ games experience. Now let us help you make the most of this exciting time for your business as well.
Key features for exclusive hire, London 2012 Olympics
- A Grade II listed building situated in a unique London landmark location – the John Nash Designed Portland Place
- Situated just minutes from Oxford Street and Marylebone High Street – two of London’s greatest shopping areas
- Caters for up to 400 people in any day
- Available from 7am to 2am by arrangement, 7 days a week
- 7 minutes from London 2012 Park via Javelin Shuttle at St Pancras Station (taxi transfer to St Pancras, or a 1km walk)
- Excellent international transort links
- Excellent hotel availability close by
- Flexible space for a range of uses
- The mix of ultra modern and traditional spaces provide contrast
- Private first floor garden terrace, ideal for receptions
- 41 Portland Place has 8 event spaces over two floors, with lift access, and which combined or separately are suitable for:
-Dinners and Galas
-Press Conferences and Communications
-Al fresco parties
- Disabled Access
- Our state of the art AV and conference facilities are delivered by our experienced on site team
- Most rooms have natural daylight, electronic blackout blinds, climate control and sound proofing
- All services provided via Harbour & Jones security cleared and award winning caterers and event organisers