Posted: 5th October 2016
If you missed out on attending our Winter Showcase and tasting some of the new Christmas Dinner menu options – never fear. Chef Jools has unveiled his recipe for one of the most talked about dishes of the night, the delicious Vegetarian Wellington. Make this one at home for your family and impress even the meat eaters with this vegetarian dish!
Sous vide cooked chestnuts
Baby leaf spinach
Prepare the filling:
- Dice the mushrooms and onions to a 5mm cube and sauté in a pan until cooked.
- Mix in a blender until smooth.
- Place into a clean jay cloth and squeeze the excess water out until dry.
Peel and slice the squash length ways and roast in the oven at 180c for 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
Cook the spinach and then place in a clean jay cloth and squeeze out excess water until dry.
Crumble the chestnuts
- Once the filling is prepared, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle.
- Place the mushroom duxelle lengthways, then place chestnut, spinach, then the squash on top.
- Season and roll the pastry into a tubular shape keeping the filling tight as you do so.
- Crimp down the edges with a knife and trim.
- Egg wash the entire length of the pastry.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook at 180c until golden brown. When ready remove from the oven and rest for a few minutes.
- Then slice the wellington into portions ready to serve!