Posted: 3rd November 2016
41PP’s finest sausage rolls, filled with apricot, shallots, garlic, chestnut and lemon thyme served up with classic HP sauce.
Cooked vacuum packed chestnuts
Salt & pepper
- First fine dice the garlic & shallots, and sauté them until clear, then let them chill.
- When cool add them to the sausage meat and mix in the chestnuts, chopped apricots, lemon thyme & salt & pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients and then place the mix into a piping bag.
- Pipe the sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry rectangle, then brush each with beaten egg on one edge. Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge.
- Chill in the fridge, then cut into individual portions to cook at 180c until golden brown.