Posted: 8th December 2015
If you’re struggling for gift ideas or just want a few extra sweet treats this Christmas, our salted pecan brittle may be the perfect recipe for you! Ideal for a colleague’s secret santa, your neighbours or even as stocking filler.
300g Caster sugar
300g Pecans (Hazelnuts or Pistachios also work well)
Sprinkle flaked sea salt
– Place your sugar, butter and water in a heavy-based saucepan on a medium heat
– Stir gently until it has all melted and turn up the heat
– Place your pecans on a buttered sheet of greaseproof paper into a baking tray
– Keep an eye on your saucepan until the sugar starts to turn a deep caramel colour
– Once it has darkened pour the sugar on to your pecans and leave to rest for 10 minutes / until solid
– Smash in to pieces and serve
Wrap up in cellophane and tie with a bow for a perfect Christmas treat!