Posted: 4th October 2012
Will says:”Autumn is here, forget the barbecues and nice weather, rain and cold days are here to stay, so you need comforting food, get cooking with this recipe!”
Minutes to Prepare: 3 hours
Number of Servings: 8
1 onion, chopped into wedges
1 leek, finely sliced
4 small carrots
Low calorie cooking spray
150g dried puy lentils
200ml feisty red wine (bordeaux or burgandy)
500ml chicken stock, from a cube
8 low-fat pork sausages
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1. Spray a flame-proof casserole dish with the cooking spray and fry the veg over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the wine and let bubble, then add the stock and bring to a simmer.
4. Meanwhile wash the lentils in cold water, then cover in a pan with cold water. Bring to the boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and fry the sausages until browned.
6. Drain the lentils and add to the vegetable mixture with the sausages and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, and cook in the oven at 150°C for 1 hour and 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding water if the lentils look dry.
7.You can serve this with savoy cabbage on the side!