Posted: 7th September 2016
100g of white wine vinegar
Splash of Whiskey
- Slice the kumquat’s in half and deseed.
- In a pan, place equal quantities of white wine vinegar and castor sugar and reduce.
- Place the kumquats in the pan with a good splash of whiskey to taste.
- Gently simmer the mixture until a jam-like consistency is achieved.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and place into a blender, blend until smooth.
We serve this at 41 Portland Place with our delicious duck confit canapé:
- Wrap duck legs in cling film and cook in the oven at 120c for four hours.
- After four hours remove from the oven, remove the cling film and the meat falls off the bones.
- Then season the meat with salt, pepper and orange zest.
- While the meat is warm wrap it in cling film into a cylindrical shape.
- Chill the duck in the fridge.
- Once cold, slice the duck confit and place on top of toasted brioche with a small amount of kumquat jam and serve.