Posted: 6th January 2012
Chef Will says – “I’m sure you have all overindulged over the holiday season so January’s recipe provides a chance to try something a little lighter, that is full of vitamins as well as delicious flavours. Pomegranates don’t just taste scrumptious, they are full of antioxidants and look beautiful as well.”
A large handful of baby salad greens
A small handful of alfalfa sprouts
1/4 cup crushed raw walnuts
Grade B maple syrup to taste (Grade B is medium syrup, it is a lighter and healthier option)
Sea salt to taste
1. Place baby greens and sprouts in a salad bowl.
2. Cut the pomegranate in half. Using a spoon, scoop the seeds out and pop them onto the greens.
3. Cut the grapefruit in half, remove peel and chop flesh into bite sized pieces and add to salad.
4. Crush walnuts and sprinkle over the salad.
5. Dress with maple syrup and sprinkle with sea salt to taste.